Clearly, there’s no question that the best way to sell your house in this competitive market is to present it in the most attractive way possible. Here are some suggestions that I have found help enormously in how your property is perceived and valued by prospective buyers:
1. Look Organized = De-clutter
You want to enable prospective buyers to envision themselves living in, and their belongings occupying, your home which, of course, is much easier to do when the ‘space’ is organized. So, de-clutter every room and space possible and keep surfaces and cupboards free of junk.
2. Clean, Clean, Clean
Your home appears more valuable when it is clean. Yes, all rooms, floors, and surfaces should be clean but, equally important, they should smell clean too – free of pet, food and smoking odors.
Maintaining your house in this ‘clean state’ throughout the selling period is also important and will require daily upkeep. (If you require assistance in this regard, I have a professional team to help.)
Your yard is likely the first impression people with have of your home.
- Remove unnecessary elements and ensure the trees are pruned and the lawn cut.
- Clean up after pets.
- Keep your property looking seasonal if possible – adding flowers and arranging patio furniture attractively.
- Don’t forget the garage if you have one – organize tools, garbage, cars and storage.
- Painting and small repairs will also help.